Sunday, May 11, 2008

GETTING ON WITH LIFE





The last couple of weeks beginning 14-4-08 have been pretty uneventful. The weather has been beautiful, 18c. We have been taking every opportunity to get out and exercise. We have been walking with Mike and Laurie in a conservation area along the Thames River. We hoped to see some deer which frequent the woods, however
, we have been unlucky in that respect. We have also ridden the bicycles on the cycleway along the river as well.

We had a PD day on 18-4-08 and Wayne and I were excused. We spent some time on the phone to social services and then drove to London where we were issued an Ontario Health Card. I'm not sure how useful it will be as so many people lament the sorry state of the Health system. It was a very hot day, 25c which has been the hottest to date.


Wayne has also spent some time tidying the deck, mending the pool gate and draining the snowmelt from the pool cover. I swept up the leaves and cleaned the bbq in preparation for the days ahead when we can use it more often.The weather has continued to be kind to us, 18c up to 22c again during the week.


On 24-4-08 I had parent /teacher interviews and spoke to about 20 sets of parents. There were no issues at all, in fact many had come to just say hello and ask how we were enjoying our stay. They were very welcoming and extremely curious and it took a while to actually get around to speaking about their children.


This last week, beginning 29-4-08 the weather has changed again and the temperature has been much cooler. I came down with the flu; headaches, temperatures and aches and pains and spent 3 days in bed. I can't remember the last time I was actually so ill with the flu. As I write this though I am feeling so much better.

1 comment:

Andre said...

Wow, I hardly recognize the back patio and the front of the house without the thick sheet of white! Looks really relaxing.